« Six Words and a suicidal genius. | Main | Tonight's MUST READ »

July 21, 2004

From Popping Culture's "Where Are They Now?" Desk

Heart has a new album out.

You know, Heart?

Ann and Nancy?

"What about love?"

Ah.. never mind. Anyway, I think the "29% off" bit refers to total band weight loss since we saw them last. Ann, or Nancy, lost a LOT of weight, while Ann, or Nancy, put a little on - not that we're weight-concious, but Heart always was a cosmic-balancey kind of band.

B000244GFY.01._PE29_SCMZZZZZZZ_

Posted by Dan at July 21, 2004 08:10 AM

Comments

Baracuda? Did they do that?

Posted by: Ralph at July 21, 2004 10:35 AM

That was them. They also did "These Dreams" and, I think, a campy song called "Dog and Butterfly."

You have now expended all of my knowledge of this band.

Posted by: Big Dan at July 21, 2004 11:04 AM

I was done at Baracuda.

Posted by: Ralph at July 21, 2004 12:29 PM

Heart played some excellent rock. Nancy (the blonde one) has never been given enough credit for the guitar work she did and, I understand, still does. You can't necessarily judge a band by what made it to the charts.

Posted by: Cindy Preston at July 21, 2004 01:30 PM

I'm sure they were judging the band on personal taste and not chart ratings. How many people have that information at hand?

Posted by: Franco American at July 21, 2004 02:44 PM

Heart is one of my all-time faves.

"Cra-azy on you ... Lemme go ... cra-azy on you..."

That guitar. My God, the guitar at the beginning of that song!!

Posted by: red at July 21, 2004 05:52 PM

The REAL news is the new Cure album.

Swoon.

Best work from Fat (or not so fat, nowdays) Bob and his Five Imaginary Boys in years.

Damn but this album is good.

Posted by: The Chairman at July 21, 2004 05:52 PM

It is a joy to see your red head in these hallowed halls, Sheila. I had quietly hoped you would find your way here.

Posted by: Big Dan at July 21, 2004 06:34 PM

Chairman, I'm with you on the Cure album. I bought that on the tail end of my road trip and listened to it for about a week solid. It's magnificent.

Posted by: Joel Caris at July 21, 2004 10:14 PM

Heart is one thing I know too much about. Nancy is married to Cameron Crowe which gives her plenty of work creating music for movies. Ann got the stomach stapling thing done. She still has one of the most amazing voices in pop music. Heart totally kicked ass, and ... if they walked in the door today I'd bow down saying "I'm not worthy!"
;~)

Posted by: Liz at July 27, 2004 04:54 PM

I've been shocked at the number of still-rabid Heart fans out there since I posted this!

Posted by: Big Dan at July 27, 2004 08:47 PM