« Eye Candy | Main | Read something, why don't you? »

July 30, 2004

New from Van Halen

'Nuff said.

20250.jpg

Read the review of this new CD set, then earn 25 points by posting a compelling argument for which Van Halen frontman you would pick if you could freeze the band in time with one or another.

Posted by Dan at July 30, 2004 04:43 PM

Comments

I was never a big Van Halen fan. The best song they ever did was a cover of the Kink's "Where Have All the Good Times Gone". For this reason, David Lee Roth is the top cover man. The Diver Down albumn was the best they ever did. It had other covers on it as well. A Roy Orbison tune I believe. WHOO HOO!

PS: The Kinks were the most underrated band in the history of rock n' roll.

Posted by: Ralph at July 30, 2004 05:31 PM

I'm compelled. 25 points for Ralph. I keep wanting to call you Ralphie, after the boy from "A Christmas Story."

Posted by: Big Dan at July 31, 2004 09:49 AM

You can call me anything but late for dinner. I have a link to a website about the guy who co-wrote "A Christmas Story".

Posted by: Ralph at July 31, 2004 11:53 AM

Fifth grade. 1985, give or take (does that make me a baby, an elder, something else on this forum?). My teacher, Mrs. Stetson, actually busted out laughing when one of my classmates wandered in a couple of minutes late, and explained it all away: "I don't feel tardy!"

That Mrs. Stetson actually recognized the new-fangled musical trends (my teacher from the previous year dismissed George Michael by saying, "I don't like men who wear two earrings") and excused the late arrival because the offender had quoted it, forever endears me to "Hot for Teacher," even though I really don't like anything Van Halen has done since.

Plus, I once went on a date with a David Roth when I was 16. (There wasn't a second date for now-amusing, then-scary reasons, but that's neither here nor there.)

David Lee Roth will forever reign as Van Halen Vocalist Supreme.

Posted by: Stacie at August 1, 2004 05:33 PM

Stacie:

(a) the date thing alone gets maximum points, but,

(b) I click your name to find you are a fellow Alton Brown-ophile.

I can't justify giving you fewer than 50 points.

Gads, I'm easy.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 1, 2004 11:19 PM

Wow. Thanks.

Most heterosexual women have people like Brad Pitt and Collin Farrell on their "lists."

I've got Alton Brown. Is that wrong?

Posted by: Stacie at August 2, 2004 08:31 AM

If loving AB is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 2, 2004 10:46 AM