« Well, this is all I really wanted: an apology. | Main | I sure do like tennis. »

August 30, 2004

25 Shatner-esque points

Those of you who loved the Shatner video will love this hyper-cheesy remake of "Pour Some Sugar On Me."

From the Blogcritics.org review:

"To say their version of the song sucks would be to insult all those songs out there that really do suck."

"But the video introduces even higher degrees of suckage. The lead singer from Smashmouth is in it for some reason, as is Teck from MTV Real World Hawaii."

25 points if you can honestly say you watched THIS whole thing front to back.

*UPDATE* The "white boy rap" section of this video may cause spontaneous aneurysms. You have been warned.

Posted by Dan at August 30, 2004 07:27 PM

Comments

Yes, I managed to watch the entire video, in all of its disgusting ugliness. They ruined one of the best songs of all-time. I may suffer aneurysms from the uncontrolled rage. Perhaps listening to the orignal Def Leppard song will help calm my nerves.

Posted by: Alex D. at August 31, 2004 12:53 AM

I watched it. Good god, I watched the entire thing. That was horrible. The green hair, the synchronized dancing, all the white. Could they find five more generic men? I think what's scary is that you just know these guys think they're incredibly talented. You could see the certainty in their dead, haunting eyes.

The DARE shirt was perhaps the best joke in the whole thing. How the hell else could one stand to watch that if not for drugs?

Posted by: Joel Caris at August 31, 2004 05:45 AM

Two more bite the dust. 25 points for Alex D. and Joel Caris, and may God have mercy on your souls.

On your deathbed, this will be one of four memories left in your head.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 31, 2004 07:45 AM

Curse you, Dan, for exploiting a man's point addiction.

Yes, I watched it. I watched every moment of it. Am I proud? Obviously I have no pride left.

Didn't New Kids On The Block cause enough tragedy? Who was the demented, evil, twisted madman that cloned them? But was that enough? NO! He had to clone them, and then make them RAP!!!!

I feel so dirty.

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 31, 2004 09:56 AM

25 hard earned points to Mr. E.

As with every person who watches this all the way through, we should have a medical doctor check in on him periodically.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 31, 2004 10:47 AM

Wow.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seventh grade meets seventh grade. NKOTB + Def Leppard = Luv, baby.

Posted by: Stacie at September 1, 2004 09:56 PM

Stacie gets 25 points and nightmares.

Posted by: Big Dan at September 2, 2004 09:18 AM