« Points Update! | Main | It's all... so different now... »

August 23, 2004

And there was much rejoicing!

The latest Popping Culture points update is on the board! It's closer than ever, as 20 points separate the top four Culture Mavens! Check the right sidebar to see where you stand.

Remember, you can always check out the points-getting posts by clicking under "topics getting much play," also in the sidebar. Plus, look for new ways to earn points this week!

Halloween is the cut-off for this latest round of action. On October 31, midnight, if something isn't stealing my soul, I'll tally the points and the winner gets a HUGE prize that I haven't thought of yet. Exciting, kind of!

*UPDATE ALERT*

Update: Shortly after I initially posted this update, Mr. E Poet revealed himself to be the points whore that he is. The Crafty Mr. E clicked "points getters" in the "topics getting much play" division of the right sidebar and proceeded to scour the posts-of-the-past for any points opportunities. In short order, the clever devil rang up an extra 85 POINTS, which are now reflected in the sidebar's update of the update of Culture Mavens points.

Now, THAT'S dedication. Anyone else wanna take this as a personal challenge?

Posted by Dan at August 23, 2004 07:41 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference And there was much rejoicing!:

» Fake Oakley Sunglasses from Fake Oakley Sunglasses
This article made me effulge. After reading this article, I encouraged a lot. I will concern your blog. I hope everyone like me herebring in happy, reap moved. [Read More]

Tracked on April 29, 2013 07:01 AM

» www.buyairshoes.com from www.buyairshoes.com
Blast Away Nike Air Max 95 Complaints Totally [Read More]

Tracked on April 29, 2013 09:54 AM

» sunglasses blog from sunglasses blog
I enjoy your article.Your article is like a big tree, so that we can be sitting in your tree, feel yourself a real. I feel very touched, very empathy. [Read More]

Tracked on April 29, 2013 01:59 PM

Comments

"I hope we win."

Fezzik

The Princess Bride

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 23, 2004 09:22 AM

Actually, I prefer "Points Harlot". It sounds more professional, I think.

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 23, 2004 11:09 AM

I think he cheated!!! He just couldnt' let it be could he...I would say that "Point Whore" is an understatement!!!

Posted by: Andres at August 23, 2004 11:10 AM

This just in: A group calling themselves "Swift Bookmobile Veterans for Truth" have claimed Mr. E never read the children's book "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

So far we've heard nothing from Mr. E on these claims, and he is refusing to release his medical records, which we frankly don't want to see anyway.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 23, 2004 11:29 AM

I strongly protest this viscious, partisan attack, and I call on Dan to speak strong words to these "Swift-Bookies".

I have also heard that people who supported people that agreed with something that someone said about someone that knows Andres funded this vile statement, which makes it completely invalid anyway.

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 23, 2004 11:38 AM

Dah! We've been slimed by a viscous points attack. Sorry Mr. E, I couldn't resist.

Posted by: Ralph at August 23, 2004 12:14 PM