« Worst Movie Ever Contest results! | Main | Ok, smartypantses... »

August 13, 2004

Cheap Points!

40 points to the first person to identify this soul from the world of entertainment. We'll make it 50 if you spell her name correctly.

SofiaCoppola.jpg

Begin.

Posted by Dan at August 13, 2004 07:44 AM

Comments

A young Angelica Houston?

Posted by: Ralph at August 13, 2004 10:58 AM

Um, Sofia Coppola ... and yes, I cheated. That's allowed, right?

Posted by: Jheka at August 13, 2004 02:32 PM

Cheating not only allowed, but encouraged. Jheka gets 50 points, to be seen in our next update (which is soon!).

Posted by: Big Dan at August 13, 2004 06:35 PM

I will say that, at this point, only 15 points separate our top three Culture Mavens.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 13, 2004 06:37 PM

It helps to look at the picture "properties" ... helps with spelling, too :) .

Posted by: Jheka at August 13, 2004 07:52 PM

Dang. After I submitted my guess, I went hunting for an old picture of Angelica Houston. I thought I won for sure. Check this picture out from 1976.

Posted by: Ralph at August 13, 2004 08:48 PM

Ralph,

Wow... I can see what happened!

Posted by: Big Dan at August 13, 2004 11:09 PM

Dan,

Have you heard about Sofia doing a movie about Marie-Antoinette?

Jason Schwartzman, Kirsten Dunst. I've had the impression you might be a vague fan of Miss Dunst. Lost In Translation was freaking brilliant and The Virgin Suicides was quite a movie, as well. I'm thinking this might be pretty cool.

Posted by: Joel Caris at August 15, 2004 11:41 PM

I had heard about that, Joel, and I'm fairly excited. Dunst is a perfect fit for the role.

I'm intrigued by the choice of Schwartzman as King Louis, which seems absurd on the face of it, but I'm willing to give him a go.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 16, 2004 04:27 AM