« Have yourself a fancy little skinny 15-minutes-of-fame-are-almost-up, please-please-please-make-him-stop Christmas | Main | Brain Candy via Threepenny »

August 14, 2004

D'OH!!!!

Popping Culture insta-poll:

epjuvie.jpg

When did you stop caring about The Simpsons? For years, they were a must-watch for me... irreverant, religiously and politically relevant and just plain funny.

Then, about two or three seasons ago, I just stopped watching. Cold turkey.

Posted by Dan at August 14, 2004 09:26 AM

Comments

Still all about reruns, but I haven't watched a new episode in about 2 years.

Posted by: Nathan at August 14, 2004 04:47 PM

Right! I can still watch one of the old ones.

Good point. Maybe the new ones just feel so much like the old ones recycled...

Posted by: Big Dan at August 14, 2004 07:53 PM

I haven't watched The Simpsons now for at least three or four years. I haven't watched it regularly for a bit longer. I hear conflicting reports--it's still great, it's not nearly as good, blah blah--but who knows. For some reason, it just doesn't grab me anymore. But I'm like you guys--I can still watch the older episodes. In fact, I have the first three seasons on DVD. And I still love to break out Christmas episodes in December and I love the Treehouse of Horror eps for Halloween. But somehow the show just doesn't seem as important these days, in terms of the new episodes.

Maybe one day I'll catch up with it on DVD.

Posted by: Joel Caris at August 15, 2004 03:37 AM

I still watch occasionally. It used to be a weekly ritual to watch it with my kids. Everyone seems to have lost interest. Some of the new episodes are OK but it isn't what it used to be.

Posted by: Ralph at August 15, 2004 09:31 AM

Right around the time when HBO began dominating Sunday nights, I think. I still live for the re-runs but now I've discovered Family Guy, which is hilarious in a far more evil way.

Posted by: Jheka at August 16, 2004 04:45 AM