« My Favorite Pop Culture Everything, Redux | Main | Points Update »

August 02, 2004

The Pinnacle of Pop Culture.

No need to make more movies. Shut down the record studios. This is the height of audio-visual entertainment.

Thanks for this go to Paul, via Dean, both of whom should die painfully and soon.

50 points to anyone who tells me honestly that they watched and listened to the whole thing, beginning to end.

Posted by Dan at August 2, 2004 05:19 PM

Comments

I must really like points or really hate myself, because I just suffered through that. Seriously--what the hell is wrong with William Shatner? Him and Adam West should team up to do The Crazy Variety Hour.

Feel free to ask for proof. I will say that I flinched when number two came out at about a minute and a half and let out a little cry of horror when the third one showed up at 3:22. And why, oh why, were people clapping at the end?

I feel a little dizzy now. I think I need to lay down.

Posted by: Joel Caris at August 2, 2004 05:50 PM

Joel,

Nice work!

I almost made it until Shatner split into the evil Kirk and the evil Kirk, followed by the evil Kirk. I honestly had to stop the thing and get myself together before continuing.

Here's the hardest 50 points you'll ever earn.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 2, 2004 07:47 PM

I own "Spaced Out" -- the best of Nimoy and Shatner. You haven't lived until you've heard "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins."

The best part of this interminable video was once the two Shatners spit into three (tie-untied, sitting and smoking, and standing/singing earnestly) , when tie-untied Shatner (on the left) started to boogie down.

I'm a rah-ket-MAN!

Posted by: Stacie at August 2, 2004 09:51 PM

Stacie Rocks! The nightmares alone will be worth 50 points.

Um... congrats?

Posted by: Big Dan at August 2, 2004 09:53 PM

According to my calculations, Stacie, that 4.5 minutes of hellish torture put you ahead in the points race, as of this moment.

I'll post an update on the points standings in the morning.

Posted by: Big Dan at August 2, 2004 09:55 PM

Woo hoo!
This was still way, way better than Corey Hart's version of "Can't Help Falling In Love," which was on VH1 Classics last night and is still somewhat present in my brain.

Posted by: Stacie at August 2, 2004 10:04 PM

Oops. Somehow my earlier comment on this got into a different thread.

Not only have I sat all the way through this, but I've sat all the way through it at least a dozen times. It just. Keeps. Getting. Better!

Posted by: Dean Esmay at August 6, 2004 05:11 PM

Points-harlot that I am, I had to do it.

Curse you, cultured one!!!!!

However, it pales in comparison to Pat Boone doing Smoke On The Water

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 22, 2004 09:23 AM

I don't wanna know... I don't wanna know... I don't wanna know... 50 points next update... probably monday!

Posted by: Big Dan at August 22, 2004 05:29 PM