« How Many Have YOU Read? | Main | Well, this is all I really wanted: an apology. »

August 30, 2004

Your points!

In the end, I had about 7 entries I wanted for first place.

My scientific method of ranking, then, became taking another hit of cough syrup, giving it half an hour to wear in, then reading the entries again: the three that made me laugh the loudest won, although for the record, everyone did a great job.

Usually, there are only a couple entries worth even looking at, but this was a tough choice. Nevertheless, there can be only one!

Well, three. And here they are:

FIRST PLACE (75 points): Joel Caris

Raúl wanted a striptease from me, but I refused to do it without the proper lighting. So we drove all over town looking for a well-lit bathroom. It’s amazing how few public restrooms have poles in them these days, but we finally found one that would work at a Denny’s about five miles across town. I slipped the manager a hundred dollar bill, Raúl barred the door and before I knew it I was lost in the flow of my body and the gentle serenading of Celine Dion being piped in through the bathroom speakers. The desperate pounding of customers who had just finished their Grand Slams threatened to break the mood, but the nearby mirror kept me focused.

Celene Dion. Grand Slam breakfasts. 'Nuff said.

SECOND PLACE (50 points): Folkbum

From page 53:

The sex-change operation was a complete success, and I re-joined the mile-high club on the flight back from Thailand.

Short. To the point. Left me with unresolved questions.

THIRD PLACE (25 points): Mr. E

Chapter 17: Prague, 1998

The unfortunate incident with the Prime Minister of Canada behind us, it appeared to have fallen to Tinkerbell and I to retrieve the microfilm. Valuable time was lost in the attempt to locate the appropriate Prada handbag: it had to accommodate Tinkerbell in the primary compartment, my trusty Walther in the outer, and must be absolutely stunning when matched with the trenchcoat and Manolo pumps. We settled on puce, grabbed an extra magazine of dum-dums, and set off into the sultry Czechoslovakian night.

Perfect. Would have been first place based on the dum-dum reference alone, but in the end I thought the Manolos were too "Sex and the City."

Good work, all. Don't be sad if you didn't win... many more points to be won this week!

Posted by Dan at August 30, 2004 03:20 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Your points!:

» longchamp en solde from longchamp en solde
Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was ha... [Read More]

Tracked on April 28, 2013 02:14 PM

» new balance running from new balance running
Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you. [Read More]

Tracked on April 29, 2013 09:50 PM

» sWrTUxuG from sWrTUxuG
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 29, 2013 10:39 PM

» seo tools from seo tools
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 30, 2013 12:24 AM

» sac louis vuitton from sac louis vuitton
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 30, 2013 01:59 AM

» mulberry bags from mulberry bags
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 30, 2013 03:31 AM

» burberry bags from burberry bags
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 30, 2013 05:04 AM

» celine bags from celine bags
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on April 30, 2013 11:29 AM

» miu miu from miu miu
Popping Culture: Your points! [Read More]

Tracked on May 2, 2013 03:40 AM

» nike blazer femme from nike blazer femme

Tracked on May 2, 2013 08:48 AM

» cheap nike blazers from cheap nike blazers
We really do look forward to your posts, thanks to you!you are really a nice webmaster, you have done a well job on this topic!I am very impress your this post, this is too much interesting. Thanks a lot...Not bad. Some more detail would be even better... [Read More]

Tracked on May 2, 2013 09:52 AM

» Mulberry sale from Mulberry sale
When you view 'American Idol' Simon's sitting there half-asleep in his outdated, sloppy t-shirt, rolling his eyes, obtaining the whole factor a huge yawn after which you look at him on 'X Factor' and mulberry british isles because it is his little ones... [Read More]

Tracked on May 2, 2013 02:27 PM

Comments

Why, thank you sir.

I think the extra hit of cough syrup is what put me over the top. ;)

Posted by: Joel Caris at August 30, 2004 04:08 AM

Dang! I knew the Manolo pumps were too far out there. I should have gone with my instincts.

Curse you, Michael Patrick King!

(Although it may be significant to note that I have never actually seen an episode of the show. I just heard that shoes played a significant role and decided to throw them in.)

Still, it's an honor to have placed among such fine company. Striptease at Denny's. Heh!

Posted by: Mr. E. at August 30, 2004 07:36 AM