« Let's hope there's not a soundtrack. | Main | Brain Candy »

October 23, 2004

100 quick points

I was THIS CLOSE to seeing the General Lee up close, maybe even getting a ride in it. Ben "Cooter" Jones had the famous Dodge Charger on display in Sperryville, Va. until recently. Of course, recently is when I drove through Sperryville on the way back from vacation.

cooters-2844-th.jpg

How many people could say they had been out for a spin in the General? How many people are going to vote for Kerry once they hear that ol' Cooter is rootin' fer him?

Still, it got me thinking about upcoming Dukes of Hazzard flick. And me thinking means points for you!

What TV show (80s or earlier, please) would you most like to see revamped on the big screen?

There will be one winner.

You have until Sunday midnight.

Begin.

Posted by Dan at October 23, 2004 10:07 AM

Comments

60's

The Andy Griffith Show (urban sprawl comes to Mayberry and Barney takes on a terrorist plot).
Flipper (porpoise protection against drug runners and illegal aliens)
Mannix (Limp Bizkit does the theme song)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father (don't care what it's about, just that they have an Earl J. Haggedorn character)

70's
Sanford and Son (junkyard hijinks)
Alice (who wouldn't pay good money to see an actress say "kiss my grits" again?)
M*A*S*H (a movie about a sitcom about a movie)
The Odd Couple (a movie about a sitcom about a movie)

80's
ALF (John Lieberman plays the father, ALF pogs are handed out at the premeire)

Posted by: Ralph at October 23, 2004 11:15 AM

What this country really needs is a good movie based on ADAM-12.

Posted by: Mr. E. at October 23, 2004 12:47 PM

Can there possibly be a better choice than the immortal Get Smart? And you thought James Bond was a pain in the ass of terrorists worldwide...The show was, in my opinion, Mel Brooks' greatest achievement short of Space Balls and The Producers. They could even get Brooks to direct it. The only problem I see is who could possibly fill the shoes of Don Adams? I can't think of one good candidate.

Posted by: Nathan at October 23, 2004 07:18 PM

Nathan, they already did a Get Smart film, though that was 25 years ago with the original cast.

I think an "A-Team" movie is a no-brainer, but ot would probably suck like the show.

What I'd really like is a movie of "The Greatest American Hero."

Posted by: folkbum at October 23, 2004 09:43 PM

Well then; the title threw me. In that case, I'm off to the video store!

Posted by: Nathan at October 23, 2004 10:17 PM

If someone would really put some effort into it, and get a good script and a great director, who wouldn't want to see a full-length feature film based on Knight Rider?

One of my problems is that there are too many
shows that are in the works, even as we speak!

Posted by: Mr. E. at October 24, 2004 06:40 AM

The A-Team movie is already underway. Sounds like another contest.

Posted by: Rosemary's Baby at October 25, 2004 09:20 AM