« Stop! Grammar Time! | Main | I bet I can freak you out. »

November 23, 2004

Surgical pause

Light blogging for the next few days. I have minor surgery to undergo Wednesday morning and will be laid up a day or two, I expect.

Think of something cultural and post it here. I'll be back to ridicule it soon!

Posted by Dan at November 23, 2004 10:24 PM

Comments

Serenity has been delayed from April until September 30. I'm going to go pout in the corner now.

On the bright side, I now own the entire Buffy series on DVD and can watch each and every and any episode to my heart's content. Right now, I'm rewatching season seven as I just saw it when it first aired. Time to see how it holds up on a second viewing. Oh, and commentary goodness. Mmm.

Third, I watched Elf today and I did quite enjoy it. It was a fine, fine Christmas movie and I was completely smitten with Zooey Deschanel (Jovie). The best of the last decade? Probably, from what I can remember. Not that I would call it a classic, but it was highly entertaining and the pickings have been slim by way of Christmas movies for awhile now.

That's all I've got for the moment. Good luck with the surgery. Hope all goes well.

Posted by: Joel Caris at November 24, 2004 02:51 AM

Take care and I hope you are good to go on turkey day.

Posted by: Ralph at November 24, 2004 11:51 AM

Joel,

Zooey Deschanel also sings on the soundtrack. Listen to the version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" that plays over the end credits - that's her. Multi-talented with a kind of "alternative hot" look, like Ellen Muth from Dead Like Me if she ever smiled.

Posted by: Big Dan at November 24, 2004 07:58 PM

Now I'm going to have to listen to that song. I think I'll probably pick up the DVD soon. And yes, Ellen Muth does have that odd thing where a lot of the time she just looks regular and cute but nothing amazing and then suddenly she'll get the right expression on her face and you realize that damn, she's pretty hot.

Is season two over yet, by the way? I want the DVDs.

Posted by: Joel Caris at November 27, 2004 02:52 AM

Season Two is indeed over. It started a little slow, but soon picked up the pace.

Posted by: Big Dan at November 27, 2004 09:42 AM