« I may be trapped. | Main | I don't have anything to say about this picture. »

January 22, 2005

NBC to stick with Joey next season despite slipping ratings.

I said it before. I'll say it again.

One-sixth as funny as Friends.

Posted by Dan at January 22, 2005 09:50 AM

Comments

Joey? Don't think I've watched that one even once.... After seeing your review... I'm thinkin' I'll keep it that way!

Posted by: Cam at January 22, 2005 12:02 PM

"Damn straight," as they say: Joey's a poor replacement for Friends!! And thanks for keeping on top of all of this for us, Dan. I've just logged onto your website for the first time, and drat it all, it's so entertaining that I may NEVER get the work done for which I sat down at this computer. You've got me "doing the math" all over the place... and your cancer-assaulting cat cracks me up. If you haven't read "Get Fuzzy" online (comics.com) or anywhere, you should: this kitty is strangely reminiscent of Bucky Kat, my current favorite. ...Only you, my friend, could make cancer treatments funny! but I hope the chemo goes quickly and well, and meantime that you enjoy the snacks in the doctor's office. ;)

Posted by: Gail at January 22, 2005 01:50 PM

Dr. Gail,

I'm glad you found the place. I suspect my sense of humor might diminish ever so slightly once chemotherapy starts, so I have to get it all in now.

In the right sidebar is a list of topic headings in case you only have time to stop in to catch up with, say, cancer news or poetry I've posted.

Posted by: Big Dan at January 22, 2005 04:09 PM

I think it's pretty funny. And much better than all that reality TV crap.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at January 23, 2005 02:25 AM

They had five other characters to choose from for a spin-off series. And they picked Joey - the obvious choice for the one with least depth of material and character.

Posted by: Barry at January 25, 2005 03:14 PM