« Culture alert! | Main | Popping Cancer update: The day the local minister got pissed off. »

January 05, 2005

Popping Cancer - quick hit

I just talked to my oncologist and he had a few things to say.

First of all, it's chemotherapy or nothing. He suggested a different drug to substitute for the one that damaged the muscles near my heart and I'll ask him for more information when I'm in his office Friday.

Two, he wants to do a biopsy. Whatever. Minor surgery is the least of my worries at this point.

Three, and this is the troubling bit, he called from his VACATION in JAPAN. Now, under what circumstances would a doctor call from Japan? On his vacation? To a patient he just met 3 weeks ago? I'm not saying anything is hopeless yet, but this might be a good time to look into selling those stocks of Dan Champion Will Live Forever, Inc.

Posted by Dan at January 5, 2005 02:29 PM

Comments

I think the fact that he called from Japan while on his vacation shows what a truly caring doctor he is. That is be to thankful for ya know? He could have not thought about you one single moment until seeing you again in his office on Friday. Would you really want someone like that being your doctor at this point and time?

Hope.. It's a four letter word. And it is a good one too! And it still floats. Now was that some movie reference there?

Posted by: Cam at January 5, 2005 03:10 PM

Well, I have heard Japan is totally overrated.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 5, 2005 04:44 PM

Yeah, he was probably just looking for someone to talk to who was taller than he was.

Posted by: Big Dan at January 5, 2005 05:03 PM

Uh huh? Does that mean you can't say you look up to him then?

Make sure you're sitting down then when in the room with him and insist he stands.

If he's still shorter... Insist he stand on a stool....

Posted by: Cam at January 5, 2005 06:36 PM

It might mean that you're not a hopeless case, know what I'm saying?

If you were really a goner, he wouldn't bother calling -- he'd just wait til he got back.

Posted by: Ara at January 5, 2005 07:58 PM

Ara,

No worries, brother.

I've been a hopeless case at least twice before and I always got better.

Posted by: Big Dan at January 5, 2005 09:50 PM