« You seem WAY too smart. | Main | "Grab a bat and stop this rally." »

January 26, 2005

They put the stupidest lawsuit ever to bed back in 2003.

But this is America, so fire it back up! Here in America, we reward stupidity. Big, fat stupidity.

Posted by Dan at January 26, 2005 07:01 PM

Comments

Oh man, I hate McDonalds, and not just because I'm a vegetarian. It's absolutely horrid. The food sucks and the service sucks. I don't even like the fries anymore, and I loved those at one point in my life. Actually, I loved McDonalds at one point in my life, but that's long gone.

Did you see Supersize Me? It's obvious that a diet of nothing but McDonalds would be terribly bad for you, but it's still amazing what it did to that guy. If I was his girlfriend, I would have been done after that third week. He would have had to choose between his little experience or me.

Oh and, for the record, I agree that this lawsuit is incredibly stupid.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 26, 2005 07:25 PM

However, if you look at the actual details of that oft-ridiculed coffee lawsuit against McDonalds, that lawsuit was entirely appropriate, far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 26, 2005 07:26 PM

I can just see you as a nagging, hsyterical girlfriend, Joel.

Posted by: Nathan at January 26, 2005 07:30 PM

Nah, I wouldn't be naggin and hysterical. I'd say something once, very calmly, and then I would resort to swift, brutal violence. I know how to get a point across.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 26, 2005 07:32 PM

I think I'll sue both of you. My psyche is damaged.

Posted by: Big Dan at January 26, 2005 10:05 PM

A lot of people say that to me, Dan.

Strange.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 27, 2005 03:00 AM

Hey Joel, the only thing you have damaged of mine has been my sex drive after considering what you'd be like as a girlfriend. *shudder*

Posted by: Nathan at January 27, 2005 03:17 AM

Oh, like there's anything to damage.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 27, 2005 04:28 AM

I think that McDonald's should be required to put only grossly obese people in all their TV ads.

Posted by: Ara at January 27, 2005 04:44 AM

Ara,

Yes. If we went by only the folks they put in their TV ads now, you'd assume McDonald's food makes you annoyingly perky and freezes a smile on you like the Joker in the first Batman movie.

Posted by: Big Dan at January 27, 2005 09:10 AM

McDonalds won't put fat people in their ads, otherwise, I'd have already broken into my 15 seconds of fame! Remember the words of TV's "fat-to-thin" hero, the loveable Jared.....half the calories, half the Jared!

Also, if you need a warning label to tell you that coffee is HOT, then put a helmet on! We've become a whole society of "helmet-wearing" people. For more on this, check out www.bradstine.com.

Posted by: Doug at January 27, 2005 09:31 AM

Yeah, coffee is hot. But when I ran a coffee house with my mother, we had common freaking sense. We made it 160, not almost boiling (212 degrees) because we didn't want our customers to kill themselves when they tried to drink it. Also, if we had received hundreds of complaints, we would have done something about it. Also, we didn't make coffee that literally would cause a person it was spilled on to get major skin grafting operations.

Because while any normal person would expect coffee to be hot, any normal person would also expect it to be reasonably hot, not "here's some boiling water for you to drink" hot.

Posted by: Joel Caris at January 27, 2005 03:35 PM