« Very nice. | Main | Ok, Mr. or Mrs. Wizard, here's your chance to shine. »

March 04, 2005

From Popping Culture's Childrearing Desk

Parents, do you want your boys to be stand-up guys?

It's never too early to start.

Posted by Dan at March 4, 2005 03:15 PM

Comments

You could fill it with snow and teach the kid to write his name.

Posted by: Kimm at March 4, 2005 06:50 PM

Peter Potty was what we had to play when we crossed Joey Lavender growing up in Drum Creek. (This web site is costing me a fortune in therapy. I had no idea that dealing with an unrepressed memory could be so expensive.)

Posted by: Jim at March 4, 2005 07:58 PM

"“With the Peter Potty, boys never have to ask, ‘Why does my daddy stand and I have to sit?’"

This is one of these things I've never understood about child-rearing (I should add that I don't have kids, so perhaps I'm missing something big). People have no trouble explaining the vast majority of differences between parents and children -- why is my hair blonde and theirs brown? Why does Mommy have boobies and I don't? Does the tribal armband tattoo show up when I get older or something?

But, somehow, when it comes to toilet and reproductive functions, suddenly little boys need to be exactly like Daddy. (This was an excuse given by a friend of my parents, who adopted a little boy and had him circumcized at the age of 5.)

Anyone with more experience than I have care to offer insight?

Posted by: Stacie at March 5, 2005 02:01 PM

I'll take this one Stacie. The value of teaching our boys how to properly use a urinal became apparent when I witnessed my then 2-year-old attempting to sit inside a urinal. Let that sink in for a moment.....now throw up.

Toddler training pants........$12
Peter Potty urinal training aid......$49.95

Having to pick little pieces of Urinal mints out of your two-year-old's bottom, then attempt to wipe off the mess that just happened....PRICELESS!

Posted by: Doug at March 7, 2005 11:03 AM

But, Doug, that doesn't answer the "Daddy stands up and I sit down" question. It's a valid reason in its own right.

I suppose "With Peter Potty, boys never have to ask, 'why is Daddy picking little pieces of urinal mints out of my bottom?'" is a more appealing selling point to me. Perhaps this is why I don't write advertising copy.

Posted by: Stacie at March 7, 2005 07:53 PM