« Popping Cancer Update | Main | I'm not sure, but I think this is a political story. »

March 15, 2005

Popping Cancer: Doctor's Report

We had a decent visit.

Since the last rounds of chemotherapy knocked out my white blood cells and crunched my bladder and kidneys like Lay's potato chips, we're going with a less stressful chemo drug for the next few rounds.

Shorter visits at the chemo room, more time at home. There are still side effects - they ARE still poisoning me, after all - but it shouldn't be as brutal as the last time. New treatments start next week.

The most interesting of the potential side effects this time is loss of feeling in my fingers and toes. Fun!

As always, I'll let you know how it's going. For now, I get the rest of the week off - huzzah! - and it's time for a nap.

Posted by Dan at March 15, 2005 02:08 PM

Comments

Now that you are off for the rest of the week, I feel I can ask you this question. Where is the M.J. King of Pop posting of the trial of the century on the Popping Culture Website? Feel free to sow your seeds of wisdom.

Posted by: Jim at March 15, 2005 02:48 PM

Dan

You don't know me, but like your post about Sheila below, I know you.....from the Blog world. I've been a reader of yours for a while, introduced by Sheila. I've been living with AIDS now for almost 15 years and get your situation. Well, as much as I can I guess. I know what the body vs mind thing is like. Anyway, I'm not living your life and I'm trying not sound bizarre over the internet and interrupt your recovery with my own crap, I just wanted to finally write to you and tell you how much I love your Blog, and love reading you. Your life is pretty fantastic. I like it.

Okey dokey then.

Posted by: Alex at March 15, 2005 03:00 PM

How's the hair, then?

Posted by: Ara at March 15, 2005 05:09 PM

Having feeling in your fingers and toes is vastly overrated.

Posted by: Kimm at March 15, 2005 08:22 PM

Alex,

It's amazing who people are behind the words. It's hard (especially on political blogs) to realize there are real people behind all the opinions on screen.

Ara,

Still missing.

Posted by: Dan at March 15, 2005 09:19 PM

Actually, not missing. It's in a bag in the game room upstairs. The mister was collecting it in a bag so I thought he wanted to keep it for some strange reason.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at March 15, 2005 11:21 PM

Not so strange.

When my daughter was little, she asked me if all the leaves jumped back into the trees again when Spring came.

So...Spring is around the corner? Keep that bag handy. You just never know.

Posted by: Ara at March 16, 2005 12:01 AM