« Popping Cancer Update: Test dates set. | Main | Projecting slots »

March 07, 2005

Time to start cursing and breaking things!

Remember week three? No? Let me refresh:

Week one is the week I receive chemotherapy treatments. Hell.
Week two is the week I sit and watch tv, weak as a kitten as recovery starts.
Week three is the week that I have some actual energy. I get to live my life and get stronger in preparation for repeating the cycle.

Except that God or whoever is pulling the strings is out to get me. Last week three I had a consuming dry cough that exhausted me all week. Now, it's Monday of the most recent week three and I have a temperature of 101.2 and a productive cough that's keeping me from sleep. Today I slept all morning and all afternoon, getting up only for Rice Chex and potty.

The thing is, when you've been sick for so many weeks in a row, you just want ONE DAY to feel good, if only to remember what it was like to have energy.

I know, whine whine whine.

Still, I'm laid up right now, so I'm counting on you, the readership of Popping Culture, to curse and break things. Begin.

Posted by Dan at March 7, 2005 10:24 PM

Comments

Well, at least your cough is productive this time. There's nothing I hate more than a lazy cough.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at March 7, 2005 11:45 PM

Of course, Mrs. Popping Culture never lets off cursing and breaking things, so her participation doesn't count.

Posted by: Dan at March 8, 2005 12:18 AM

How's this for cheering: Congrats on the ODU win!

Posted by: Nathan at March 8, 2005 03:28 AM

Well, does the ODU win help at all? Small things...

Posted by: Nathan at March 8, 2005 03:28 AM

Drat, I didn't think the first post went through...sorry.

Posted by: Nathan at March 8, 2005 03:29 AM

Nathan,

I do appreciate the thought. I failed to also mention my left foot which has either broken a bone or severely pulled something. Just below my littlest toes is a slightly swollen spot that started hurting for no apparent reason, forcing me to limp painful.

The good news is I don't do much other than nap and sit in a chair.

And yes, the ODU win helps a great deal.

Posted by: Dan at March 8, 2005 07:27 AM

I want to help you maintain your "E for Everyone" status on the internet, so I'll refrain from cursing. But, you should see what I just did to my co-worker's monitor! (If I broke my stuff I couldn't participate....I'm always thinking!)

Posted by: Doug at March 8, 2005 10:15 AM