« Like to see The Man getting his? | Main | As if we needed more proof that the Apocalypse is getting closer. »

April 08, 2005

Eye Candy Classic

CMCoolidge.jpg

A Friend In Need
by C.M. Coolidge

Posted by Dan at April 8, 2005 10:17 PM

Comments

Cats would never do this. Instead, it would be a painting of cats asleep on the table.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at April 8, 2005 10:45 PM

Instigator...

My question is: where are the paintings of "dogs bowling" or "dogs interpreting poetry"?

Posted by: Pete at April 9, 2005 12:23 AM

They're part of the same collection that includes "dogs picking up their own poop during a walk."

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at April 9, 2005 04:00 AM

I would settle for "dogs not sneaking a poop in the corner of the livingroom" although I must admit it may be difficult to succinctly encapsulate the concept in a novelty painting.

Hmmm, I get the uneasy feeling I just "shared too much."

Posted by: Pete at April 9, 2005 05:49 PM

Cats would be shooting craps.

Posted by: Ralph at April 9, 2005 08:57 PM

Ralph, cats would never cooperate, though.

Posted by: Dan at April 9, 2005 09:42 PM

How old is this painting? I ask because the last time I visited my grandmother in the old country before she died I saw that she had a framed black and white version of it that appeared to be quite old and it got me thinking ...

Posted by: Jheka at April 12, 2005 11:27 AM

1920, Jheka.

Nothing is impossible.

Posted by: Dan at April 12, 2005 11:45 AM

I have recently acquired 2 coolidge pictures but they are different than others i have seen they have numbers in the lower left hand corners and also have a 1914 pattend # can anyone tell me whats up and if they are valuable thanks sincerly jimmy

Posted by: jimmy at June 19, 2005 06:04 AM