« Still one of my favorite articles. | Main | Celebrity wisdom of the day. Listen, reflect, learn. »

May 10, 2005

A note on Wednesday blogging.

I'm gonna try to make an appearance by the late afternoon to let you know I'm alive, as per usual.

If you're reading this on Wednesday morning with the sun up, I'm at the doctor with the wife, getting the chemo drugs. What worse way is there to spend your ninth wedding anniversary than taking chemotherapy? Easy, watching your spouse have to go through it.

Still, it beats being dead.

Enjoy, you know, however you choose to celebrate my wedding anniversary.

Posted by Dan at May 10, 2005 09:54 PM

Comments

In my best Fred Flinstone impersonation:

Happy anniversary
Happy anniversary
HAAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Hope you saw that episode, otherwise I'm certain you're scratching your head.

Posted by: Ralph at May 10, 2005 10:42 PM

Are you getting chemo tomorrow? Darn. I'll have to cancel that spa appointment.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at May 10, 2005 11:18 PM

May we all be alive and kicking to celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary.

Posted by: Ara at May 11, 2005 10:36 AM

Nausea, cold sweats, and joint pains? Sounds like your wedding night all over again! OH!

Posted by: Diceman at May 11, 2005 12:11 PM

Happy Anniversary!

Posted by: red fish at May 11, 2005 11:38 PM

I hope you guys were able to salvage something from the day to celebrate the anniversary.
I know my wedding anniversary is one of my favorite holidays and I hate it when life gets in the way of making the day special.
I hope it was a happy day for you despite the chemo and that you have many many more chemo-free anniversaries together.

Posted by: Kimm at May 12, 2005 03:47 AM

Well we weren't able to celebrate in the usual way: drunken reprisals, domestic disputes and tearful calls to my mother, but at least the right guy got voted off Idol.

Posted by: Dan at May 12, 2005 07:28 AM