« More Idol chatter: Because she couldn't be cuter if she tried. | Main | Let's be careful out there this weekend. »

June 04, 2005

Caution: Hazzard

BEN JONES, who played Cooter on the original Dukes of Hazzard television show, had this to say about the upcoming film with braintrust JESSICA SIMPSON, SEANN WILLIAM SCOTT and JOHNNY KNOXVILLE:

They had the opportunity to make a wonderful film, but they have turned it into Hollywood garbage. All the language is extraordinarily profane. These people are degrading the South and a great family TV show. I don't know what they were smoking when they came up with this.

How many times does Popping Culture have to say this? DO NOT anger Cooter, people.

Posted by Dan at June 4, 2005 07:36 AM

Comments

Cooter is P-Town's third most famous citizen behind Popping Cultures Host, Churchland High School, Tommy Newsome, (formally of the Tonight Show as sax player and substitute band leader when Doc was away, Cradock High School, and Cooter from Wison High School. Keep on keeping on guys! You make us all proud!

Posted by: Jim at June 4, 2005 09:29 AM

I never watched this show, but as a casual observer, can I just say something here?

A guy who played a character named COOTER is talking about degrading the South? I just love irony.

Posted by: Alex at June 4, 2005 12:43 PM

Alex, good point, that.

Posted by: Dan at June 4, 2005 03:34 PM

Jim -- don't forget blues singer Ruth Brown in your list of Portsmouth's finest.

Cooter... THAT'S just a little bit more than the law SHOULD allow. [yeehaa.]

Posted by: Pete at June 5, 2005 01:15 AM

You're right Pete. I should also put every drug dealer, crack whore, robber, and murder who has spent some time in the over crowded city jail. Without them, where would the tax dollars go? They truly are the gas that drives the engine of the local economy.

Posted by: Jim at June 5, 2005 12:12 PM

Jim, I don't think this website can hold enough data to publish the name of every drug dealer, crack whore, robber and murderer in Portsmouth.

You're making me homesick.

Posted by: Dan at June 5, 2005 03:30 PM