« Tossing out the blogger love. Targets: Ara, Joel, Sheila. | Main | My doctor said not to lose my head on this upcoming beach vacation. »

June 02, 2005

Quick update on Dan's life.

*Chemotherapy was horrible yesterday. Surprise!

*My boy Steve from work finished the new furnace in our house with his old man's help. Steve gave us the "cancerous pastor's discount" which means an absurd savings on a new furnace, which was much-needed since the old one was 40-years old. At night you could hear it muttering plans to burn the house down.

The bonus feature? CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING! Yes. My house, built in 1900, now has central air conditioning. I couldn't be happy if I was twins.

*Of course, because of the cost of putting in a new furnace we may have to forgo certain niceties while on our upcoming vacation, since a pastor's disability check pays out in nickels and pennies. The plane tickets and cost of the cabin are paid for, sort of, so we know we'll at least have a week at the beach. Whether we can do things like visit the aquarium, eat out, eat in, eat, etc. are still up in the air.

*Steroids for the next couple days mean free energy and ravenous appetite. Any suggestions?

*Today I get the shot that will boost my white blood cell count and will also, in a couple days, give me the worst joint pain I ever felt in my life. Still, beats dying.

Posted by Dan at June 2, 2005 07:46 AM

Comments

Crystal Burgers. Bag of 12. And a crate of Tums. As if that would help.

Posted by: Ara at June 2, 2005 08:08 AM

I already have the tums.

Posted by: Dan at June 2, 2005 08:25 AM

Crystal Burgers? Obviously they forgot that you are in White Castle territory. Go easy on them though, they make you.....well, let's just say they can "occupy" your afternoon, if you know what I mean!

And maybe you could go the whole Ben and Jerry's route. It's not filling, but it makes me feel better!

The NC Aqaurium isn't too expensive, plus there's lots of free stuff to do in the OBX. Things like Lighthouse watching, Jockey's Ridge, kite flying (when's the last time you did that?) and of course....."Cup" Alternative Putt-Putt!

(In loud Ric Flair voice) "I don't care if it's Norfolk, Cleveland, Pittsburgh or the alley out back! WHOA!"

Posted by: doug at June 2, 2005 09:44 AM

There is nothing on this earth like a good Ric Flair reference.

Posted by: Dan at June 2, 2005 10:00 AM

Eating is overrated anyway. Smooching is reccomended.

Posted by: Alex at June 2, 2005 02:29 PM

There will, with luck, be both eating and smooching.

Posted by: Dan at June 2, 2005 04:45 PM

Please . . . not at the same time.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at June 2, 2005 11:05 PM