« It's still not too late... | Main | That is one wasted baby. »

July 15, 2005

I feel sexy.

It's now 2:32 a.m.

A moment ago, I was sleeping fitfully in a chair with my head down on a desk, because if I lay flat or even lean back, I can't breathe. The pneumonia in my right lung coughed me awake, which is fortunate, because the oxygen tube I'm breathing through had started a nosebleed. My feet are swollen large enough that I couldn't fit my slippers on when I walked roughly 10 feet to the bathroom, a trip that left me gasping for air.

Step on up, ladies! Big Dan is feelin' like a hottie tonight!

Posted by Dan at July 15, 2005 02:32 AM

Comments

So now your limiting yourself to just the ladies?

Posted by: Jim at July 15, 2005 06:52 AM

Lauren Graham in "Gilmore Girls"
Amber Tamblyn in "Joan of Arcadia"
Supporting Actress: The cutiepie who plays God as a little girl wearing Bee deelybobbers on "Joan"
MUST I GO ON?

The Emmys stink! Always the same, tired faces. It's like the Grammys and how someone whose first hit was in 1969 always wins over the folks who are living, breathing art. Amy

Posted by: Amy Liberatore at July 15, 2005 09:33 AM

Jim, only after 2 a.m.

A man has to set limits.

Posted by: Dan at July 15, 2005 10:13 AM

Hi, you dont know me but Ive been reading your site for awhile now...(sounds kind of creepy when I say it like that). I am a respiratory care practitioner. I have a soft spot in my heart for people that cant breathe. Wish I could help. Youre in my prayers.

Posted by: bk at July 15, 2005 01:40 PM

Um . . . the heavy breathing does kind of turn me on.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture at July 15, 2005 05:00 PM

Sexy or not, the Mrs. is a lucky gal.

Posted by: red fish at July 15, 2005 10:05 PM

Thank you for the kind thoughts, BK. It's amazing how a little thing like not being able to breathe can slow someone down.

Posted by: Dan at July 15, 2005 10:58 PM

Oh sweetie pie... that heart of yours will always be bigger than your swollen feet. You rest now and let that body fight off your sicknesses, OK?
Thinking of you.