« Popping Culture's INTERACTIVE Christmas in July. | Main | Thursday night funny. »

July 07, 2005

People who blow up other people are dumb.

You'll notice that the terror alert meter in the right sidebar remains yellow, but rose to orange for mass transit, in case the London thing was a dry run.

I probably have a pastoral answer for this already, but why do people who blow up random strangers live long healthy lives, and guys like me - who only keep mental lists of people they WOULD blow up - get the cancer?

Posted by Dan at July 7, 2005 02:25 PM

Comments

Some thoughts:
If the attacks were in Paris, the French would have surrendered to Al Qaida by now.
Maybe the folks complaining that we are treating the folks locked up in sunny Cuba badly will shut up for a few days!
Maybe some folks will retaliate with some really mean words on signs.
I bet the folks in England don't cut tail and run like the folks in Spain.
Way to cut through all the bull and get the focus back on bad things happening to good people.
Jim

Posted by: Jim at July 7, 2005 05:01 PM

There is more than one kind of cancer in the world.

By far the worst kind is the one that makes a person sick enough to kill innocent people.

I don't have cancer, but I do have more than enough experience with living in chronic pain. I'd rather be like this than be the kind of person who harms other living things.

Posted by: Kimm at July 7, 2005 06:30 PM

Jim,

Nice work. AND I don't remember you ever having that many thoughts all at once before. Summer vacation must be good to you.

Posted by: Dan at July 7, 2005 10:19 PM

Summer vacation?
You mean working 40+ hours a week cutting brick and pouring concrete is a vacation?
Dan, you should know by now that my CPA gets very upset if I don't have at least 5 W-2s in a given year.

Posted by: Jim at July 7, 2005 11:05 PM

See what I mean? Only 40+ hours and only one job?

Sounds like a Jim Cartwright vacation to me.

Posted by: Dan at July 8, 2005 02:26 AM