« Popping Cancer Update: "You have pneumonia in your good lung." | Main | 43 Things. »

July 12, 2005

Popping Cancer Update.

It's pretty bad right now.

I'm not breathing well at all, although the oxygen helps, as you might imagine. I'm not eating, either. I don't know if I'm supposed to force myself to eat or what, but I just have no real desire to eat. Finally, sleep is a remote idea. I'm sleeping at clips of about 1/2 hour at a time when I can sleep.

The good news is that I don't have a fever. Perhaps they caught the pneumonia early enough that the antibiotics can jump all over it. Also, our mothers happened to be in town, so Mrs. Popping Culture has some helpers and doesn't have to go through what is no doubt a difficult time by herself.

I continue to search for creative ways to sleep, since I can't really lay down without launching into a coughing fit, and I've never been able to sleep in a chair. My main idea now is exhaustion: stay up until I collapse. Fortunately, exhaustion is never far away when both of your favorite lungs are out of commission. More updates as events warrant.

Posted by Dan at July 12, 2005 06:10 PM

Comments

Eating has to be a good thing.
Keep the remote away from Shirley.
Say hey to your mom and them!

Posted by: Jim at July 12, 2005 06:29 PM

I don't know about eating... do you feed a cold, or starve a fever? And what do you do with pneumonia?

Posted by: Dan at July 12, 2005 06:32 PM

Dan,

Hi. Sorry I haven't been around. I've been kind of crazy and busy and distracted, not on the internet much, writing a novel and trying to start a relationship, so there you go.

But anyway, sorry to hear things aren't going so hot. Hope it gets better. Still sending good thoughts your way.

What are you doing to keep yourself distracted these days? Watch much TV? Reading? Sitting around trying to breathe?

Damn lungs.

Posted by: Joel Caris at July 13, 2005 04:02 AM

It just turned bad over the weekend, Joel. I'm not sure what I do yet to distract myself. I'm still working my way into it.

Mostly I'm trying to rest and breathe. So far, so good.

Posted by: Dan at July 13, 2005 07:53 AM