« Comments Seem To Be Working! | Main | A Little More Good News »

August 10, 2005

More News

Well, since I probably scared everyone earlier, I'm glad to report some good news. The x-ray Dan had this morning was better than the one he had in the ER last night. Since he is on a ventilator, they will take an x-ray every morning so we will be able to check his progress fairly well.

The drug he is on for his blood pressure has been decreased slightly over the day and his blood pressure has stayed fairly level.

They have the vent set up to give him 12 breaths every minute. While I was in the room this evening, he was taking anywhere from 17 to 26 total breaths, meaning that some of them were on his own.

He is still very aware of what is going on, and I make sure he understands everything that happens. He started to use sign language to tell me something tonight. I guess I will check the internet tonight for an ASL guide. I also gave him a sheet of paper and a pen so he could write out a reminder to me to pay the bills.

While this is good news, he is still in trouble and needs lots of prayer. The pneumonia in the right lung is still bad, even though it did get a little better.

Also, when they tried to place the feeding tube today, they couldn't get it in. They are going to do an endoscopy in the morning to see what the problem is.

Our mothers arrived safely and we are all looking forward to some sleep.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

Posted by Dan at August 10, 2005 07:13 PM

Comments

Thank you for keeping us posted, Mrs.PC. I haven't figured out why Dan means so much to me, but he does, and my prayers are with you and him and your families. May God's love and strength pull you through.

Posted by: red fish [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 10, 2005 10:40 PM

I wouldn't normally go through all the hoop jumping reqired by this new comment thing. The docs will keep him on the vent until oblivion. You'll probably need to force them to take him off it. Once off, they will prognosticate eminent death. Force the drug tubes out and let Dan come back to reality. He will recover if you take these steps. This was my experience with my father. I hope you fare better than I did.

Posted by: Ralph123 [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 11, 2005 01:02 AM

Offering up today's work as a prayer for you both. God bless you all.

Posted by: Sal [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 11, 2005 07:29 AM

Dan's life and struggles have greatly affected how I deal with my relationship with God and with myself. I cannot begin to tell you how he has helped me. Dan, you are in my prayers. I know God is with you whatever decisions have to be made. Mrs. P.C. you are an incredible person! My prayers are with you also. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Go with God and may God bless you both!

Posted by: Carla [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 11, 2005 07:37 AM

Keep fighting. Keep trying. Keep hoping. There are a lot of people on your side. Steph, you're an inspiration.

Posted by: Bill B. [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 11, 2005 02:00 PM