« Hurricane Katrina Photos | Main | Today's Life Lesson »

September 19, 2005

American Film Institute's 100 Greatest Movie Quotes Of All Time

Check it out and let us know if they missed any. Besides the obvious. "You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

Posted by Dan at September 19, 2005 04:21 PM

Comments

they left out my all time favorite movie line, as delivered by my least favorite actor, Nicholas Cage - from Moonstruck -- "Love don't make things nice! Love ruins everything!"

...and there was nothing from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, like "run away! run away!" or "We are no longer the knights who say NI! We are now the knights who say, Icky-icky-icky pKang!" or my family's favorite, "Someday, my son, all this will be yours." "What, the curtains?"

Posted by: chava [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 20, 2005 08:11 AM

Moonstruck is a favorite.
Rose: "Do you love him Loretta?"
Loretta: "Ma, I love him awful."
Rose: "Aw god, that's too bad."

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 20, 2005 10:24 AM

"Son of a bitch must pay!"
"I was born ready!"
"Aren't you even gonna kiss her goodby?" "Nope."
Big Trouble in Little China

"You know, wherever you go, there you are."
"Now you give him some of your money, or I'm gonna give him some of your money."
"How come wherever I go there's always an asshole?"
"Pay him to tell us she's at Torchy's? I already said she's at Torchys! God, I am an idiot!"
Streets of Fire

"I heard you were dead."
"I thought you were dead."
"Aren't you supposed to be dead?"
Escape from New York

"Christ, Flagg, a cheerleader?"
"I think you pissed it off."
The Blob

"Quit playing with the nuclear warhead!"
Armageddon

"So you can do anything, huh? Fine. Clap then!"
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Posted by: Killer Kitten [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 21, 2005 03:45 PM

Wow. Big Trouble In Little China, huh? Wow.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 21, 2005 11:37 PM

Big Trouble in Little China is one of those undiscovered classics that truly rules. SO many good lines combined with such an absurd but somehow compelling story...

And I just love Kurt Russel.

Posted by: Killer Kitten [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 21, 2005 11:58 PM

It's ironic that whenever I hear the words Big Trouble in Little China, I can't help but think of Danny. In college, whenever some of us wanted to rent a movie, that always seemed to be the favorite. Of course, it was always interrupted by Danny, Jim, and Scott reciting all of the lines. I could not stand that movie for the longest time but will probably watch it again soon in honor of Danny.

Posted by: Brooks [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 26, 2005 01:43 PM