« Today's Top Ten | Main | I'm Sorry For My Loss »

September 18, 2005

The Emmys are on! I think I'll take a nap.

I remember getting excited about awards shows. But since everybody went reality show crazy, the Emmy's have lost their appeal for me. It's too bad they don't include shows in syndication and on Nick at Nite. Then, MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, and Sex and the City could rule the Emmys forever. At least I've still got Monk, Will and Grace, and good old dependable Father Ted. Oh, that Dougal!

Here's a list of Emmy nominees, in case you're interested. I can't wait to see who wins. Oh wait. Yes I can.

So, if you could bring back and continue any television show (characters at same ages, etc.), what would it be? I guess what I'm really asking is what's your all-time favorite television show?

Posted by Dan at September 18, 2005 09:34 PM

Comments

This is easy and predictable. Buffy.

But I at least have the DVDs and I'm currently rewatching the entire series with my roommate. We just finished up season three tonight. Oh, how I loved the mayor.

So what show would you bring back?

Posted by: Joel Caris [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 04:03 AM

I would have to say MASH. I wanted to meet all of their families (like Mildred, Hawk's dad, Radar's mom, Peg) and find out what happened to each of them when they returned from the war..

Posted by: Carla [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 07:35 AM

Oh man... that's a tough one. On the one hand it's Buffy. I never saw Buffy on regular TV but I've seen every episode. Thank you Netflix!

On the other hand, and yes this is corny, I loved Beauty and the Beast. Now there was a show with potential! I know, I'm such a girl.

I also liked Angel and Serenity, both of which I got to view thanks to Netflix. Again.

Alias is good, Monk rules, Lost is surprising me... All on Netflix again. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show on actual TV. My short attention span can't do commercials.

Posted by: Killer Kitten [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 08:32 AM

I guess I would have to say Sex and the City. The only thing that would make me change my mind is that the last twenty minutes of the last episode is the best television I've ever seen. I cried, and cried, and cried. If you only watched that episode, you wouldn't get it. But to have watched them all those years and see how they all became "grown-ups" was moving. Maybe I'll do that one day!

My second choice would be Father Ted, a BBC show that I catch on BBC America on the weekends. It's hysterical and I may have to purchase the DVDs. I think there were just three or four seasons, as the actor who played Father Ted, Dermot Morgan, died in 1998. For those of you who've never seen it before, imagine a show where Graham Norton guest stars as a priest.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 05:25 PM

OK, I've been distracted and so am just catching up... and really hate to admit to being "uncool" here, but my top favorite series was Northern Exposure, followed by Nothing Sacred (about a young renegade priest, which was prematurely cancelled--I'd guess under pressure from Rome-- after about a season and a half). The characters and plots in Northern Exposure were quirky and wonderful; I hated to see it end. (But then any time I love a TV show, it seems that's pretty much the automatic kiss of death.)

Posted by: Gail [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 21, 2005 07:22 AM