« I'm Sorry For My Loss | Main | Hurricane Katrina Photos »

September 18, 2005

Where's the pet psychic when you need her?

According to http://www.animalbehavior.org/Applied/crazyowners_crazypets.html,

"There seems to be a wide-spread belief that if a companion animal is behaving in a crazy manner, then it is because the owners are crazy and have made him that way."

So what does this say about me?

100_0335.JPG

Of course, they go on to say this isn't true. Which is good news for my animals.

Posted by Dan at September 18, 2005 10:23 PM

Comments

I kind of would hate for that not to be true. My roommate and I take a certain pride in having an insane cat and believing that it's our own craziness that made her that way.

And that is a ridiculously cute cat right there.

Posted by: Joel Caris [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 04:05 AM

Is that Francis? How adorable is he?

Our latest kitten is a one-eyed little monster who I originally named Lorne, for the character on Angel. After a few weeks we changed his name to Warren Zevon. He's such an excitable boy!

Right now we're fostering 8 other kittens and Warren runs circles around all of them. Our cat room is a sea of kitten insanity, so contagious that our older cats are constantly swept up in it.

Mike and I, on the other hand? Quiet, sedate, almost boring. Uh huh.

Posted by: Killer Kitten [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 08:38 AM

I am happy to see you are continuing with the blog. I didn't comment much on Dan's site when he was writing it but I checked it nearly every day. I imagine there are a lot of people like me out here, wishing you well.

I assume the kitten is Francis? Lovely.

Posted by: JuliaR [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 10:23 AM

Yes, that is my little Francis. He is actually a very good kitten. When I let him out he runs and jumps and acts crazy like most kittens. But he'll also sit on my lap for an hour if I don't feel like picking up everything he's knocked on the floor and watching him stick his arms in the printer.

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 11:02 AM

Please note the tongue sticking out. And how, exactly, did he get that weasel to do that?

Posted by: Mrs. Popping Culture [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 19, 2005 11:04 AM