« July 2006 | Main | September 2006 »

August 29, 2006

The Onion: Stat Shot

Statshot-Rejected-Action-R.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 12:12 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Seven Week Birthday

The kittens celebrated their seven week birthday on Saturday. One of the kittens went to her new home in Pittsburgh last Tuesday. The remaining three are all registered with Angels for Animals.

I named the calico Ginny (short for Virginia) and the two black cats Jake and Elwood, in honor of, well, Jake and Elwood.

100_1985.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:05 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1988.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:05 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1979.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:04 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 27, 2006

Here I'm is.

I'm still around. I've been pretty busy lately and will post some photos, etc. as soon as I can.

Posted by Stephanie at 11:34 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 17, 2006

Happy Belated Four and Five Week Birthday, Kittens!

Good ole' Julie took some of these since I was gone for week four. For week five, just look at them again and imagine the kittens a little bigger.

CIMG3798.JPG

100_1784.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:09 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 14, 2006

Only Guy Who Puts Paper In Copier Considers Himself A Hero

Only-Guy-R.jpg

August 14, 2006

"BOSTON—You may not know him by name, but Eric Greeley is one of a new breed of Americans making a difference. While most employees at John Hancock Security and Financial Services just use the photocopier and walk away, Greeley considers it his duty to do the right thing: to make sure the machine is stocked and ready to go at a moment’s notice."

Posted by Stephanie at 11:59 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The Onion: Stat Shot

Stat-What-Are-We-R.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 11:57 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Whew!

OK, I'm back. Saturday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think because I took care of things as they came up over the last year and didn't just ignore them.

So now do I have to start acting right? I hope not because I've never done that before, so why start now?

When I get a chance I'll share California pictures and, more importantly, kitten pictures.

Posted by Stephanie at 11:54 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 12, 2006

August 12

I know it's not even 3:00 am but I'm still up and decided I would post something. But I don't really know what to say.

I want to celebrate the fact that I made through the last year. But I also want to punch somebody or break something because I'm sad that it had to happen at all.

I think I've already said some inspirational things in the last few months, so this is it for now.

Just remember Danny today.

Posted by Stephanie at 02:53 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 02, 2006

August

August is here already. When did that happen?

So as you recall, August last year was not the best for me. So far I'm doing OK.

In celebration of making it through the first year with no catastrophes I am taking a vacation with my girls Jenny and Heidi to Solvang, California. (It's near Santa Barbara.) I'm looking forward to relinquishing my zookeeping duties for a week and to cooling off in California. (That doesn't seem right.)

More news of any kind when warranted.

Posted by Stephanie at 12:03 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

August 01, 2006

Onion Weekender

onionmagazine_archive_42a.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:36 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

A-Rod Also Leading Yankees In Grammatical Errors

July 27, 2006 | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—After an embarrassing post-game interview in which Alex Rodriguez committed three sloppy grammatical errors in a single sentence, the Yankee third-baseman moved into the team lead with 57 on the season.

Posted by Stephanie at 09:34 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack