« June 2006 | Main | August 2006 »

July 30, 2006

Top Ten List

1. Look After You - The Fray
2. City Love - John Mayer
3. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square - Harry Connick, Jr.
home_photo.jpg
4. Fred Jones Part 2 - Ben Folds
5. A Man And A Woman - U2
6. When The Lights Go Down - Edie Brickell
7. Scotch And Chocolate - Nickel Creek
8. Trouble - Ray LaMontagne
9. Champagne Supernova - Oasis
10. What's Your Favorite Color? - Living Colour

Fred Jones Part 2
Ben Folds

Fred sits alone at his desk in the dark
There's an awkward young shadow that waits in the hall
He's cleared all his things and he's put them in boxes
Things that remind him: 'Life has been good'

Twenty-five years
He's worked at the paper
A man's here to take him downstairs
And I'm sorry, Mr. Jones
It's time

There was no party, there were no songs
'Cause today's just a day like the day that he started
Noone has left here that knows his first name
And life barrels on like a runaway train
Where the passengers change
They don't change anything
You get off; someone else can get on

And I'm sorry, Mr. Jones
It's time

Streetlight shines through the shades
Casting lines on the floor, and lines on his face
He reflects on the day

Fred gets his paints out and goes to the basement
Projecting some slides onto a plain white
Canvas and traces it
Fills in the spaces
He turns off the slides, and it doesn't look right
Yeah, and all of these bastards
Have taken his place
He's forgotten but not yet gone

And I'm sorry, Mr. Jones

Posted by Stephanie at 11:35 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1753.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:33 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1754.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:31 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 28, 2006

You need to see this. Again.

I thought I'd post this in honor of Tiger's win Sunday. Danny posted it last year after his win at the British Open.

Posted by Stephanie at 10:02 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 27, 2006

Vacation News

I'll provide more details later, but I wanted to share this with you. I just booked a flight to California for next week and was presented with the following option:

"Yes, I will like to Purchase Insurance on my Flight Tickets."

They also included this photo of the pilot and co-pilot. I'm not sure why.

mostimportantconcentration.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 11:11 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 25, 2006

If you look at these pictures and read this post, you don't have to go to church this Sunday!

Robyn took these photos (OK, not the one she's in) while visiting Notre Dame de Paris. She is seen below lighting a candle for Dan.

I don't know anyone else who has had a candle lit for them at Notre Dame. Pretty cool.

IMG_2129.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:51 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

IMG_2124.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:50 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Marilyn's home!

Marilyn came home this afternoon after getting spayed and getting her shots. You can see her on the Angels for Animals website here. (She's on page four.)

Here's a picture of us before leaving.

100_1733.JPG

And here are some pictures of the car trip home. She was very tired and doped up. She should be feeling better tomorrow morning.

Posted by Stephanie at 06:24 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1734.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 06:23 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1735.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 06:23 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1736.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 06:22 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1737.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 06:22 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1738.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 06:21 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Marilyn went to Angels for Animals last night and was a very good girl. I will pick her up this afternoon.

In the meantime, Roxy is enjoying some quality time with the mulch.

100_1711.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:46 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Looking for a job?

"NEW YORK - The PBS Kids Sprout network has fired the host of "The Good Night Show" after learning she had appeared in videos called "Technical Virgin.""

capt.db242ecd73004a35bdc4798ea87f7c4d.tv_good_night_ny117.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 12:08 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 24, 2006

Request

Please keep the Norvell family in your prayers.

Trav is one of Danny's best buddies from seminary at Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond.

Posted by Stephanie at 10:16 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 23, 2006

Two-Week Birthday Photos

100_1704.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:07 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1701.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:06 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1695.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:06 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1702.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:05 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 21, 2006

Move over . . .

two-faced kitten.

Here comes the flying puppy.

ollie_border6.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 10:47 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

40 Things That Only Happen In The Movies

We're taking a break from pet talk for a little reality check here.

Posted by Stephanie at 12:58 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 19, 2006

Introducing . . . Marilyn

I haven't actually called her this yet, because you know what'll happen. But that will be her name if she stays much longer. I'm taking her to Angels for Animals Monday to get tested and to see if they can help find her a home.

But she's still up for grabs if any of you are feeling philanthropic.

100_1683.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:15 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

I knew I kept all that mulch for a reason.

100_1685.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:14 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1684.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:14 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1689.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:13 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1690.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:13 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1691.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 01:12 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

From The Archives

I don't remember reading this article when Danny posted it last year, so I read it tonight. As I read, I made a mental note of quotations to share with you, but there were too many to remember.

So you should read the whole thing when you have a chance. It's very honest and real. I like that.

July 17, 2005
Popping Cancer Reflection: On the God of Loss and Grace.

Here's one Christian doctor's response to issues of faith in the face of real loss and pain.

Thanks for the link go to Ellana.

Posted by Stephanie at 12:56 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Scratch 'N Win Ballots To Debut In November

Scratch-'n'-Win-Jump-C.article.jpg

July 19, 2006 | Issue 42•29

"WASHINGTON, DC—In an effort to increase voter participation while generating additional revenue, several state election boards announced plans Monday to introduce new Scratch 'N Win ballots in November, giving citizens the chance to win the right to vote in the 2006 elections."

Posted by Stephanie at 12:24 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The Onion: Stat Shot

Stat-Shot-What-Are-We-Doing.article.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 12:22 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 18, 2006

A Bit Of Trivia

Here is a little tidbit about me you might not know; I am allergic to cats, dogs, and dust mites. Severely.

It started two years ago when I got some mosquito bites and scratched them like most people do. What I didn't know was that my scratching-of-mosquito-bites limit had been reached and I got cellulitis along with some other undesirable side effects. So, my doctor sent me to allergist. (He was the most adorable, mad scientist, Italian guy I've ever seen.) The test for cats, dogs, and dust mites showed that I was severely allergic to those things. Which was interesting since I never had any other symptoms (i.e. runny nose, sneezing, wheezing, inability to drive by Handel's without stopping. Oh, wait. Maybe I did have that one.) I could tell the little allergist was very curious about this and even mentioned sending me for an X-Ray or CT. He decided against but I almost offered because I could tell he really wanted to.

So, that's pretty much my medical history.

Anyway, the allergies have been acting up recently, because . . . you know.

But today my doctor gave me a shot of Deca-something and it started working this afternoon. So that's pretty exciting.

Other than being a full-time zookeeper, there's not much else happening. There are some things in the works, but you'll have to wait until I have more details for that info.

Seacrest out.

Posted by Stephanie at 11:32 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

More Big News

If you don't like kittens,
1. what is wrong with you?
2. check back tomorrow.

100_1641.JPG

Landmark Event! Three of the four kittens have opened their eyes. Unfortunately, I could only get one picture before they resumed napping.

** IMPORTANT NOTE **
The fourth kitten has it's eyes open as of 9:15 Wednesday morning. Woo hoo!

Posted by Stephanie at 11:30 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1653.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:26 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Camera Hog

100_1642.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 11:25 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 16, 2006

Happy One Week Anniversary, Kittens!

"It's been a long week. Let's take a nap."

100_1631.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:02 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 14, 2006

Vintage Onion

Evangelical-Scientists-C.article.jpg

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

August 17, 2005 | Issue 41•33

KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

Posted by Stephanie at 10:05 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Seriously . . .

what the hell?

100_1628.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:03 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1625.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:02 PM | Comments (4) | TrackBack

And in this corner . . .

chilly_blacklab1.jpg

These puppies will not be outdone by any kitten.

Posted by Stephanie at 09:56 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The Daily Kitten

1151755276BESTFRIEND063006M.jpg

Yes, this is an actual adorable website. I guess this is where the stuffonmycat.com cats get their start.

Posted by Stephanie at 09:53 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 13, 2006

stuffonmycat.com

20060713-MILO.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 11:52 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 12, 2006

Updates, get yer updates!

Everything is still OK here. Charlotte and the kittens are doing great.

The dog is living in the garage and I take her out in the yard for a little while each day to get some exercise. Still looking for a good home for her.

That's all for now, so why don't you enjoy this while I try to scare up some more news to share with you?

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car, both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went through a red light."

After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again.

Again, they went right through. The woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it.

She was getting nervous. At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was red and they went on through. So, she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred, do you know that we just ran through three redlights in a row? You could have killed us both!"

Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh!, am I driving?"

Posted by Stephanie at 04:25 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 09, 2006

Big News

As of Saturday somewhere between 11:15 am and 6:15 pm, I am a grandma! Charlotte gave birth (without an epidural) to four beautiful kittens. She seems tired but is doing a great job taking care of her kids.

(In the first picture, three of them are lined up next to each other and the fourth is between Charlotte's arms.)

100_1458.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:58 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1463.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:57 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

All four of them are here!

100_1616.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:56 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Will Eat For Food

This beautiful dog was sighted Friday around my house, Saturday around the neighbors', and was at my house again today. She is so sweet and beautiful. And Roxy was so mean to her. So, I put her in the garage and I'll feed her until I can find her a home.

100_1468.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:50 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1613.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:50 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1603.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:49 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Pittsburgh Zoo

I haven't had much contact with animals lately, so I decided to visit the Pittsburgh Zoo today with some friends. Here are some of the animals we saw.

100_1581.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:38 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1485.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:38 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1480.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 10:37 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

We're back!

I went offline for a couple of days because my domain name expired. They were sending notices to one of Dan's old accounts that I never checked. But a nice lady with Verve Hosting replied really promptly (every time I asked for something!) and now I'm back.

Back tomorrow (hopefully!) with exciting news.

Posted by Stephanie at 12:07 AM | Comments (2) | TrackBack

July 06, 2006

Top Ten List

1. Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
2. New York State Of Mind - Billy Joel
3. Simple Kind Of Life - No Doubt
4. Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan
5. Which Way Does That Old Pony Run - Lyle Lovett
6. Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
7. Just A Girl - No Doubt
8. Ain't That A Kick In The Head - Dean Martin
9. Still - Foo Fighters
10. Gotta Be Good - Chris Isaak

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed and it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me to hold your hand

'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Well don't let me out of your sight
Oh I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Oh...I've had it up to here!

The moment that I step outside
So many reasons for me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things that I fear

'Cause I'm just a girl I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me drive late at night
Oh I'm just a girl,
Guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare with their eyes

Oh I'm just a girl, take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype

Oh...I've had it up to here!

Oh...am I making myself clear?

I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!
I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb makes me worry some

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

Oh...I've had it up to!
Oh...I've had it up to!!
Oh...I've had it up to here!

Posted by Stephanie at 12:24 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Happy Belated Fourth!

Tuesday night, I had some folks over to celebrate Indepence Day by eating a lot of home made ice cream, blowing things up, and setting things on fire. Now that I think of it, isn't that how all holidays should be celebrated?

100_1445.JPG

And yes, I am aware that there is a Häagen-Dazs container on the table. I made vanilla and strawberry and made lots of toppings. I bought some chocolate ice cream. Get over it.

Many thanks to Mike and Kimm for providing the fantastic fireworks from Phantom Fireworks and to Steve for being in charge of lighting things on fire and blowing them up. I really had to twist his arm to do that.

Below are some pictures of our Red Rose Blooms. The pictures would have come out better if I had time to play around with my camera. However, since the tornado warning sirens were going off, I didn't think it appropriate to keep children waiting while I played around with a gadget.

Posted by Stephanie at 12:12 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1425.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:12 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1428.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:11 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_1429.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 12:11 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

July 05, 2006

Mama Charlotte

100_1449.JPG

I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no cats, but she sure looks like she's about to pop, huh?

Posted by Stephanie at 11:58 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack