« September 2006 | Main | November 2006 »

October 31, 2006

French press declares Halloween dead

2006_10_31t090315_450x336_us_life_france_halloween.jpg

""Halloween was a marketing gimmick aimed mainly at children. It's a big festival of consumption selling outfits, masks, gadgets and it couldn't last forever," Guyot-Jeannin said."

Gosh those French are smart. I never in a million years would have seen Halloween for what it really is.

Does this mean I have to stop buying four bags of Halloween candy every year for the Trick-Or-Treaters that don't come down to my house?

Posted by Stephanie at 10:20 AM | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Happy Halloween!

onion_imagearticle427.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 10:15 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

October 30, 2006

Back by popular demand . . .

actual posting!

I know, it's been a while. So here's a photo respective of my October.

Posted by Stephanie at 09:36 PM | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Actual turkeys in my actual yard this weekend.

100_2162.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:35 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Pumpkins carved at my house Sunday by Steve, Julie, Amanda, Nicholas, and me.

100_2177.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:34 PM | Comments (2) | TrackBack

A sampling of pumpkin carving entrants at Kimm's Saturday.

By the way, why didn't I get a picture of Kimm in her Crazy Cat Lady costume?

100_2164.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:33 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_2131.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:32 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

CIMG0183.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:31 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

When you look like this at the BEGINNING of the evening, you're having a good time.

CIMG0180.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:30 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The Fall Ball 2006 was enjoyed by all in attendance. Didn't attend? Weren't invited? Sucks to be you.

Look! Real plates!

100_2114.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:28 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Elwood (Jr.) with Mom

100_2160.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:27 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Uncle Francis shows Ginny around the house.

100_2155.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:26 PM | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Hey! Look at me!

Horse back riding at Graves Mountain Lodge

100_2103.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:24 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Kim and Tara

100_2098.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:23 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

UVa v. MD game

UVa was ahead while we were there, then they blew it. But the h'ordeurves in the President's box were fantastic! (FYI-My mother teaches the President's mother in Sunday School. See kids, going to church really does pay off!)

100_2085.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:22 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

100_2084.JPG

Posted by Stephanie at 09:21 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The most, least dangerous U.S. cities

Youngstown is safer than Compton! Woo hoo!

Posted by Stephanie at 03:10 PM | Comments (2) | TrackBack

October 25, 2006

Bush expresses concern over Iraq

How thoughtful! I bet if Hallmark made a greeting card for this kind of thing, he would send one to all of us and to the troops.

Hmm . . . I wonder how that card would read?

story.bush.cnn.jpg

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Wednesday that he is concerned about the situation in Iraq, but it is "critical" that U.S. troops remain there and oust the insurgents."

Posted by Stephanie at 11:21 AM | Comments (1) | TrackBack

October 15, 2006

Just got home.

This is all I have the energy for.

Posted by Stephanie at 10:39 PM | Comments (3) | TrackBack

October 13, 2006

On the road again.

snoopy.jpg

I'm off again to Virginia for the weekend. My mother, sister and I will be attending the UVa/Maryland game Saturday afternoon. Then we'll be at Graves Mountain Lodge where'll I'll be until Sunday evening.

Until then, just talk almongst yourselves or take a nap or something.

Posted by Stephanie at 07:56 AM | Comments (1) | TrackBack

You'll have to forgive me today. I think I've got a touch of triskaidekaphobia.

160px-No_13th_floor.jpg

Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of the number 13. It is usually considered to be a superstition. A specific fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia

Posted by Stephanie at 07:54 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

October 09, 2006

Oh my dear sweet Lord. What have I done?

Posted by Stephanie at 09:13 PM | Comments (4) | TrackBack

Tastes like bacon.

pig.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 06:43 PM | Comments (23) | TrackBack

October 08, 2006

Important discovery!

For those of you who have had a hard time commenting, this is big, breaking news. Once you get logged in (which is not the problem, from what I understand) you have to open a new browser before you can actually comment. Julie tried it tonight and now she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. Whatever.

So somebody else try and we'll just see what happens.

Posted by Stephanie at 10:40 PM | Comments (4) | TrackBack

October 04, 2006

Best Pet Blessing Ever!

According to Kimm who has, by the way, been to other pet blessings.

Picture 010.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:19 PM | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Picture 003.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:18 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

This is Ferdinand. He needs a home. He is well-behaved and enjoys purring.

Picture 006.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:17 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The camera is turned on the photographer.

Kimm with Ferdinand.

Picture 005.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:16 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Caramel scales Jenn to get to the cats. The cats that are inside the house. Oh, Caramel!

Picture 007.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:15 PM | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Almost Thanksgiving!

I knew I shouldn't have given my shotgun away to that church rummage sale.

Picture 002.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:09 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Picture 001.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 09:08 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Happy Feast Day!

StFrancisArt_Wolf.gif

Today is the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi. I'm having a special ceremony today with my pets and some friends and their pets.

This may seem like "much" over just some animals, but I sure do love mine and can't imagine getting through the last year or so without them.

So even if you don't have a special service organized for your pets today, give them an extra hug and ask a quick blessing over them for all they do for you.

Posted by Stephanie at 01:26 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Roland, son of Kimm

"We call Roland 'the bebe', said with appropriate French accent, of course. He's mostly blind, with one eye missing and the other permanently scarred. He's also affectionate, curious and very into toys."

roland.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:13 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Precious, daughter of Kimm

"Precious loves to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilization and boldly go where no cat has gone before. And all without eyes!"

precious.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:12 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Amos, son of Kimm

"Amos is a big boy, but incredibly sweet and affectionate. He's also available for adoption, and would love a home with a bit less competition for the attention of his humans. Not that he doesn't like other cats - Amos is often to be found in a cuddle bed with two or three feline companions."

amos.jpg

Caramel, daughter of Jenn and Julie

caramel.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:08 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Blaze, son of Jenn and Julie

blaze.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:07 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Now I know y'all see pictures of my kids all the time, but I had to post a couple of Roxy taking her first bath in the new tub.

tub 2.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:02 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

tub 1.jpg

Posted by Stephanie at 01:00 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack

October 01, 2006

Swanni's 2006 HD Honeys and Horribles

scarlett.jpg

Who to watch for, and avoid, in high definition televsion here.

Posted by Stephanie at 09:56 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack